Gino Ceccarelli was born in the Amazon in 1960. He studied at the Regional School of Fine Arts of Iquitos, followed his courses at the National School of Fine Arts in Lima, at the Cristina Galvez workshop, at the Corcoran School in Washington DC, and at Engraving and painting workshops in Paris, France.
Plastic artist, graphic designer, complicious journalist, researcher and consultant on culture and tourism in the Amazon, caricaturist, illustrator, sculptor, theatrical decorator, producer in film and television projects, opinion writer and writer of domings.
For more than 30 years his plastic work has been inspired by the myths and legends of the Amazon and the cosmogony of the diverse cultures that inhabit it.
Gino Ceccarelli has made more than forty collective exhibitions and more than thirty individual exhibitions around the world. Highlights of his exhibitions:
- El Museo de Arte Italiano de Lima en 1987;
- La Galeria de la Banque Nationale de Paris en 1993;
- La galleria Nesle de Paris en 1995;
- El Museo Casa de America en Madrid en 1997;
- L’Arche de la Defense en Paris en 1998;
- El Museo de la Nacion de Lima en 1999;
- El Museo Manzana de la Ribera en Asuncion en el 2000
- La Universidad de Chile en 2002;
- La Mairie de Rennes en 2003
- El Museo de Arte de San Marcos en 2010;
- La Embajada del Peru en Washing D.C. en 2013.
Fue selectionado por la UNESCO para la exposicion itinerante por 27 musoes de America Latina, Estados Unidos y Europa en el Proyecto Iberoamerica Pinta.